Lead the Member and Guest Billing functions for the Receivables team while working closely with the Financial Management team, Membership and Sales to oversee all member and conference related billing and collections processes. Provide support to membership and conference groups by providing centralized billing services. Act as the accounting liaison with membership and the group contact and operations. Oversee Day Auditor functions to ensure that all revenues are posted accurately and on a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the billing, credit and collection staff in the member, conference billing, and vacation rental areas. Review adjustments and other work to ensure proper approvals are obtained and transactions are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
· Lead the day audit staff to ensure proper balancing and posting of revenue, credit cards and any other miscellaneous transactions.
· Train and develop all staff to include coaching, counseling and discipline. Prepare a standard operating procedure.
· Prepare all related aging and financial reports in a timely manner and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Complete the monthly close for V1 by the 1st business day and AR in Encompass by the 2nd business day. This includes the completion of journal entries as well as AR activities. Produce member statements and send files to the Third Party Statement provider by the 3rd business day of each month. Publish statements, including 128s, on the morning of the 4th business day working in conjunction with Membership to ensure phone coverage.
- Manage all facets of the Club’s collection process, including groups and members. Schedule monthly Credit Meeting and create and review the monthly credit packet with management in accordance with the Club’s timeline.
- Work closely with Membership and IT to enhance the member experience.
· Finalize and produce vacation rental statements by the 15th of each month. Work closely with the Vacation Rentals department to ensure training and a smooth transition on the administration.
· Assist VP of Finance and Director of Finance with receivables projects and analysis as required.
· Ensure team responds to member inquires within 24 hours and researches discrepancies and resolves complaints in a timely fashion.
· Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies. Review aging with management at least monthly in addition to the Credit Collection monthly meeting.
· Assist with annual audits and other member accounting procedures as needed.
· Review the processing of member charges and adjustments as directed
· Process staff 128 and director accounts as needed. Ensure compliance with Club policy.
· Review all drawer, charge, check and payment batches.
· Determine billing requirements needed for incoming conferences and review the information in Visual One.
· Attend pre-conference and exit meetings to ensure that all accounting related issues are addressed and that statements are issued in accordance with the customer’s instructions.
· Accumulate and review in-house conference charges on a daily basis.
· Review billing to ensure that the final bill is sent in a timely manner.
· Review Group Deposits and ensure adherence to contracts and Club policy.
· Reconciliation of accounts assigned.
· Vendor management including vendor setup, credit application, certificate of insurance.
· Other duties as assigned.
The individual should possess all or most of the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to perform this position in a satisfactory manner, reasonable accommodations can and will be made for individuals that demonstrate core skills, but might have physical limitations that can be compensated for using some other combination of skills and abilities or the modification of non-core job requirements.
- Ability to organize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Proficient in use of MS Excel, MS Word, Encompass and Visual One or similar software.
- Ability to use calculator with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze reports and transfer data to other programs.
- Ability to set in one place for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability lift and carry a 20-pound box.
- Must have strong interpersonal skill and a pleasant demeanor.
· Ability to read, write and speak English and to communicate effectively.
Education and/or Experience
Education: Associates Degree preferred but not required.
Experience: 5 years of general business experience preferably in hotel or club environment.
Licenses or Certificates: None.
Must be able to comprehend the English language in order to communicate with co-workers and fully understand job assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
· Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, grab and lift objects over shoulder height
- Must be able to squat and kneel down on regular basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Be a team player and provide lateral service.
· Follow Ocean Reef Club Associate Handbook and Quality Job Standards.
· Be willing and able to work when needed, including weekends & holidays.
Attendance, Appearance and Conduct:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, associate may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the Club and report deadlines.
Proper grooming is required by all associates and is described in detail in the Associates Handbook. Associates should review this policy and make sure that at all times they present themselves for shifts looking clean, neat and professional.
As a condition of employment, all associates agree to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Club facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If you have any questions or doubts you should seek clarification from your supervisor.
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, change is workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.