What you’ll do…
The General Clerk performs varied clerical duties in support of site operations. Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk must be able to choose the proper procedure for each task. The clerk must follow a number of specific procedures in completing several clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as:
- Coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file,
- Simple posting to individual accounts,
- Opening mail,
- Running mail through metering machines, and calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- 2 years of directly related experience performing administrative clerical duties.
- Graduated from High School.
- A valid US Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Project).
- Certifications must be attained/maintained as assigned.
Ability to obtain and maintain a position of Public Trust, which requires US Citizenship.
- Fluently read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to perform shift work as assigned (days and/or evenings).
- Enjoy working in exterior and interior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
Work requires the ability to perform the following physical activities to include, but not limited to: walking, standing, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting, and squatting. Work may require walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.