The Mortgage Loan Assistant works alongside designated Loan officers in a productive environment. This position involves supporting a team in the loan origination process, as well as, performing daily administrative tasks.
· Perform Specific tasks assigned by their assigned loan officer(s).
· Ensure files move through processing and closing in a timely manner.
· Establish appointments with clients.
· Meet with clients to complete necessary documents.
· Properly prepare files for submission to processing.
· Make copies of important documents.
· Promptly respond to client’s questions and concerns.
· Follow up with clients at all times, keeping them informed of the loan process.
· Daily illustration of excellent customer service skills with clients and applicants to ensure client retention.
· Stay acquainted with assigned Loan Officer’s daily schedule.
· All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and employee information.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Must be able to work at a faster than average pace and able to multi-task.
- Must possess basic language skills to write and speak clearly, effectively, and appropriate to business standards.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations necessary to execute the duties of the job.
- Must be well-organized, accurate, and attentive to detail.
- Must stay abreast of department and company policies/changes and be adaptable to those changes.
- Must be cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Must be professional in appearance.
No unusual physical demands required for this job. Must be able to perform sedentary work. May occasionally lift up to 25 pounds to perform job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may require the ability to work before or after normal business hours to attend various employee meetings, training sessions, and community events supported by the Bank, to include evenings and weekends.
Must be accustomed to professional, business office environment in manner and dress. Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills with customers and bank associates. Must be willing to participate as a team member.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Requires High School Diploma or GED, four year degree preferred, or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Two years prior experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and Outlook and other software programs that might be utilized in the department.
- Must be able to prepare documents and compose business letters and memorandums
- This position requires registration with the national Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS), as created under the federal S.A.F.E. Act.