Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit page to learn more about Tapestry’s commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The Assistant Store Manager at Coach demonstrates a high level of business acumen; delivering sales results through employee development and mentorship. Embodies a strategic mindset to deliver operational efficiencies. Ensures Coach’s standards and competencies are top of mind. They serve as a true utilitarian player; possessing the ability to adapt to all roles within the store’s environment. Sample of tasks required of role: SALES Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions in partnership with the Store Manager that align with Company priorities and values Develop sales strategies, initiatives and growth across all categories; communicates goals to the team, tracks store’s performance at all times and achieves sales Productivity Management: holds the management team accountable for personal productivity and management contribution Develops clienteling strategy; implements and monitors over time, to achieve business goals and objectives in partnership with the Store Manager Understands changes in market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of sales strategies/tactics Brings best self to work through Coach’s Guide to Style; ensures all associates follow expectations Acts as brand ambassador in the market/mall to drive loyalty and business (i.e. charity events, local associations, mall initiatives) Resolves customer issues in a timely manner while being solution-oriented and forward thinking; partners with the Store Manager and/or District Manager as needed Develop team to build long-term relationships with customers to drive business Takes initiative; has a high level of ownership and accountability for results of self and others Works directly with the Store/District Manager to protect and drive the needs of the business Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service of Coach standards Approaches challenges in direct and timely manner and takes action to course correct in the moment, when appropriate Builds trusting relationships with peers and team; acts as advocate for the Brand Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors; creating short and long-term goals to achieve personal metrics and store performance Delegates and empowers others Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission Recognizes and values individual performance OPERATIONS: Evaluates performance of all team members and provides consistent and timely feedback; creates and modifies action plans for the continuous development in partnership with the Store Manager Resolves performance problems using appropriate communication, coaching and counseling techniques Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS and Operations Leverages / understands Coach’s tools and technology to support Service and Operations of store Recruits, interviews on-boards and works closely with Store Manager on strategies to maintain top-talent; while creating a talent bench Manages daily operational tasks according to Coach standards including selling and service expectations, operations, payroll, human resources and loss prevention Demonstrates strong business acumen; strategically forecasts in partnership with Store Manager, plans and budgets to the needs of the business (i.e. payroll, staffing, scheduling, merchandising) Interacts and communicates with Lead Supervisor and Store Manager Maintains interior and exterior upkeep of building with partnership from the corporate office; communicating needs to ensure esthetic and safety requirements are met Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS and Operations Leverages and understands Coach’s tools and technology to support Service and Operations of store
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 101804