Job Title: Line Service Technician
Reports to: Airport Management
FLSA Status: Hourly
Prepared By: Airport Operations Manager
Prepared Date: April 29, 2019
Approved by: Executive Director of Sports & Recreation
Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to provide a wide array of ground handling and customer services to all aircraft and customers that operate at Ocean Reef Airport. As a Line Service Technician, you will promote and role model the vision and mission of Ocean Reef Airport by providing unparalleled customer service along with professional and safe services to an array of different aircraft.
Essential Duties and responsibilities In addition to the following duties and responsibilities, other duties may be assigned:
· Be the first point of contact for clientele when arriving at Ocean Reef Airport and have the opportunity to provide marshaling, fueling, towing, coordinating ramp movements for arriving and departing aircraft, and other ground support
· Line Service Technicians wear many different hats, such as parking and fueling multi-million dollar aircraft as well as maintaining ramp/work areas to meet the standards of our customers and free of any obstructions
· Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers, and any other parties with whom they may interact
· Operate ground service equipment, such as Lektro tugs, golf carts, transport vans, etc.
· Complies with and enforces airport, ORCA, State and Federal rules and regulations
· Ensures each pilot is aware of airport operating procedures and advises whenever there may be a potential conflict
- Keeps Airport Management informed of events and activities of an unusual nature as well as routine matters related to their and others’ accountability
- Greets and assists Members and Guests as they board and deplane aircraft
- Completes and processes all company data record sheets. Documents work performed using appropriate means and ensures continued compliance with all Federal and Company Regulations. Monitors company vehicles and equipment to ensure they have been fueled, cleaned, and remain serviceable
- Explains airport policies and procedures to members, pilots, passengers, and guests
- Perform fueling of aircraft and operational checks of fuel system
- Assist in aircraft movement by operating a Lektro tug
- Connects and disconnects GPU’s to aircraft using proper procedures
- Attends classes, training, workshops and meetings as directed by the Airport Operations Manager to maintain job knowledge and skills
- Uilizes safety practices and procedures following established company safety guidelines and OSHA regulations to maintain a safe and clean work area
- Performs all other assigned duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be self-motivated, safe, positive, and enthusiastic, while possessing the ability to maintain proficiency and exercise good judgment while performing tasks within their scope of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to work independently without supervision, troubleshoot minor problems and initiate emergency actions.
· Ability to drive vehicles and position aircraft in a manner that requires depth perception and the ability to distinguish different colors; ability to judge distances
· Ability to work in a high-noise level environment
· Sets priorities and creates a business strategy to fulfill that vision and the goals of Ocean Reef Airport.
· Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication). Listens to and adjusts language, approach and terminology to the expectations and needs of the audience.
· Proactively develops customer relationships by listening and responding to both internal and external customer wants and needs. Anticipate and provide solutions to customer issues and give priority to their personal satisfaction.
· Commits and engages in company-offered continuing education programs relevant to their position. Demonstrates behaviors that encourage and sustain personal growth and self-development.
· General knowledge of aviation regulations, aircraft performance, meteorology and the phonetic alphabet
· Hold a United States of America Federal Communications Commission Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit and/or demonstrates the ability to utilize a VHF radio with proper radio terminology
· Possess current state drives license
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma required. One or two years of experience in aviation or in a related field is preferred.
Must be able to comprehend and speak the English language in order to fully understand job assignments; communicate with co-workers, members, guests, pilots and be fully understood over VHF radio broadcasts. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are a must.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and may be required to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Must be able to work a flexible and sometimes inconsistent schedule that will include weekends, nights, Holiday’s and be flexible to schedule changes according to workload demands between 7am – 10pm.
- Must be able to work with all types of paints and chemicals, including aviation fuels.
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.