GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Ensures that the teller area is managed in an efficient and effective manner, and that transactions are conducted with speed and accuracy while meeting or exceeding service quality standards. Leads by example by exhibiting strong, quality customer care and sales minded attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lift coin bags up to 50lbs.
2. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
3. Assigns work duties and work schedules to tellers.
4. Monitors cash limits in teller stations and branch and makes appropriate shipment decisions.
5. Provides approval on other teller’s transactions.
6. Monitors and reports various activity for the branch; e.g. teller outages, transactions as assigned.
7. Review timecards and track absences and tardiness and communicate to supervisor.
8. Provides guidance to tellers relating to operational and auditing policies and procedures.
9. Participate in goal setting and attaining established goals.
10. Identify and provide staff training.
11. Coach staff to cross sell bank products and services.
12. Assists tellers in resolving service problems, complex inquiries and other customer issues.
13. Perform all duties of a Sr. Teller.
14. Serves as back up for CSR as required.
15. Completes all required monthly audit reports and ensures compliance.
16. Completes required BSA/AML training and other required compliance training as assigned.
17. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Some outside banking related courses
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: 10-Key, Payroll Systems, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; an. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.