The Engineer is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during their stay. Handling any room repair issues that might arise as well as handling preventative maintenance around the hotel.
· Respond and attend to guest repair requests
· Communicate with guests to resolve maintenance issues
· Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience
· Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, SOP’s as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines
· Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio)
· Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment
· Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
· Record information for unfinished calls prior to shift change.
· Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
· Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
· Ensures exterior building and grounds are clean.
· Paints walls, ceilings, doors and window trim as directed by property preventative maintenance program.
· Maintains clean, organized maintenance workshop and storerooms.
· Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
· Perform other duties as assigned by management
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects without any assistance.
· Skilled in several areas such as Pools, HVAC, electrical, IT, carpentry, dry walling, painting and plumbing.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
· Previous hotel experience preferred