The Vertex Company is a services solutions provider that operates as a federal government prime contractor. With over 7,000 employees in 200 locations worldwide, the Mississippi-based company offers vertically integrated solutions for defense and commercial customers.
Delivering integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition, to engineering and manufacturing, through the end-of-life support of complex systems and platforms, Vertex offerings include all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs for defense and commercial customers, and integrated supply-chain solutions. Over our 50-year history, we have perfected the balance of cost, schedule, and performance to offer high-quality solutions that consistently exceed customer requirements.
Vertex has proudly been headquartered in Madison, Mississippi since 1974. Madison is a rapidly growing community just north of the Capitol. In 2019, Madison, MS ranked #31 out of 18,446 Best Places to live in America. In Mississippi, Madison ranked #1 in Best Places to Live, Best Place to raise a family, Best Public Schools, and safest city to live in. Vertex Aerospace strives to make a meaningful community and economic impact and was recognized as an MS 100 leading private company. Most recently Vertex was awarded the 2022 Military Friendly® Employer designation and ranked number six in the nation on the Military Friendly® Supplier Diversity Program list.
The Vertex Company is a portfolio company of American Industrial Partner (AIP), an operationally orientated private investment firm with a 30-year track record of working with management teams to build scaled world-class businesses ( ).
- Plans maintenance activities in coordination with the local Government Customer Manager. Supervises all contract activities and serves as the principal representative in all matters pertaining to the contract. Continually measures and analyzes progress.
- Responsible for personnel, operational support, training, supply systems, and support services necessary for specific site contracts.
- Provides for sufficient and viable contract performance through effective leadership of the site, including compliance with quality and safety/environmental standards.
- Meets or exceeds all performance requirements. Effectively manages employee issues that may arise. Communicates new requirements, concerns, and issues to the PMO for resolution.
- Provides for the welfare of the personnel and the enhancement of the contract, including optimizing the balance between resources of manpower, equipment, time, and materials.
- Responsible for keeping the Company, Corporate Management, and Customer Government personnel apprised of the current status of operations and maintenance.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned Reporting Relationships Title of Direct Report(s): Varies by assignment. Title of Supervisor: Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, or other titles that may vary Knowledge & Skills Advanced knowledge of operations specific to contract.
- Ability to communicate knowledgeably and effectively at senior management levels. Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a large and diverse workforce. Skilled in operations, logistics, and resource management.
- Ability to respond rapidly and sufficiently to changing requirements, unexpected contingencies, and other challenging situations. Ability to manage available resources in time-sensitive situations.
- Must be able to qualify for a SECRET security clearance and a Background Investigation.
- Additional knowledge may be required by contract or assignment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Shall have a minimum of 15 years of aircraft maintenance experience including five years in a managerial and supervisory position managing high performance aircraft during high tempo operations at equal to or greater than the site assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a fluctuating workload, and military maintenance plans and procedures.
- Shall act as Maintenance Officer for the purpose of fulfilling qualification and programmatic duties IAW COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 (series).