A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides a balance of the same elements that are found in the ICU, OR, ER department and pediatric nursing. A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse has to have excellent communication skills because they are the link between the patient, family members and the doctor. A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse must be able to think in a fast paced setting and make decisions quickly. L&D Registered Nurses help the physician and spend several hours on their feet.
As a L&D Registered Nurse some of your duties consist of:
- Assessing contractions, dilation, heart rates, etc.
- Providing follow-up duties which consist of:
- Checking the condition of the newborn.
- Checking the condition of the mother.
- Looking for signs of trouble.
- Checking for signs of infections and any other problems.
- One year of experience as a L&D Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Joint Commission Certified
Be notified when new jobs like this are posted.
Travel or Local Contract
$54.00 – $58.50
Days, 8 hours