Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
As the Assistant Property Manager you will be responsible for providing quality guest service within the guidelines specified by the hotel management. You will assist in leading both the Front Office and Housekeeping Operations (Housekeeping, Laundry, Front Desk, PBX and Night Audit).
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Guide a team of passionate Guest Services departments that aim to provide exceptional guest experiences, while performing within financial guidelines.
- Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office, Housekeeping and Night Audit.
- Sets and maintains high level of guest service expectations
- Providing support for the line staff.
- Assist with scheduling for all areas of Housekeeping and Front Office operations.
- Works closely with Assistant General Manager and Property Managers to ensure all company standards are met and company culture and programs are supported and encouraged.
- Ensure proper training of all employees working in front office and housekeeping areas.
- Partnering with department head and People & Culture on coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline practices
- Supervises and coordinates job of room attendant/house attendant /laundry attendants engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of hotel
- Maintains room attendants’ performance and productivity levels by setting quality standards following hotel procedures and policies.
- Assists with inventory and ordering for all properties
- Assists Property Managers in day to day operations.
What You Bring:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 1 year management experience in hospitality industry.
- Night audit experience preferred but not required
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy .
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Key West Hotels