Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Gates is a new lifestyle hotel in Key West offering an intimate setting that invites guests to celebrate the island’s colorful history and creative spirit. Mixing contemporary design and retro Floridian flair, The Gates Hotel features guestrooms with modern amenities that uniquely combine upscale sophistication and polished service with the island’s casual laidback vibe.
The Hotel Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees training and engagement, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel. Theyare responsible for ensuring the operation of Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Security, Food and Beverage, Communications and Reservations in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Rooms Division personnel according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and conduct all front-of-house Rooms Division interviews and follow hiring procedures according to SOP’s. Actively support Human Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Rooms division managers. Monitor completion of the Service Standards by Position Training Checklists for hourly staff.
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms revenue.
- Tour rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and soliciting feedback.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Complete the monthly reforecast.
- Monitor and support the corporate Guest Recognition Program.
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit, using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP’s in Rooms and Loss Prevention.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Coordinate major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, equipment change-overs, etc.
- Conduct weekly Rooms Division meeting, including a monthly financial review.
- Perform Rooms Managers’ performance reviews according to SOP, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and ensure budgeted productivity.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of their need areas.
- Prepare the Rooms Division annual budget, including Laundry, Communications and Other Income.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain S.O.P.’s in its use.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
- Monitor all V.I.P.’s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- At least 6 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
- Prior focus on rooms operations a must.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.