Spirit Halloween was founded out of the observation of a trend on the verge of explosion. Since the opening of its first store in 1983, Spirit has experienced tremendous growth. In 1999, Spirit Halloween operated 63 seasonal locations throughout the United States and was acquired by Spencer LLC. Since its acquisition, Spirit has expanded its store base from 63 locations to over 1,100 in the US and Canada and has become the largest Halloween specialty store on the planet! Spirit Halloween stores are situated in high visibility, high-traffic strip centers. The typical store opens around Labor Day weekend and closes in early November. Spirit Halloween Superstores are located in all 50 states and throughout Canada in all major markets.
Spirit Halloween’s specialty retail stores are the most comprehensive one-stop destinations for everything shoppers can imagine for Halloween. Through the vast merchandise assortment and memorable visual presentation, Spirit stores provide a truly impressive, unique and unforgettable shopping experience. In addition to being a fun and interactive event for shoppers, the locations offer complete selections of costumes and accessories for infants/toddlers, children, teens and adults. A broad assortment of Décor and party goods complete the Halloween story. A large portion of the selection is exclusive merchandise found only at Spirit Halloween.
Spirit Halloween has one single goal, to deliver the very best Halloween experience possible to all of our guests. We are the largest seasonal Halloween retailer in the world and the premier destination for everything Halloween. Since being acquired by Spencer Gifts, LLC in 1999, we have grown from 63 locations to over 1,450 across the United States and Canada and service the globe on SpiritHalloween.com.
Every season our team works tirelessly to create new and innovative ideas in Halloween costumes, accessories, animatronics, decor and more utilizing the latest technology to dazzle even the most hardcore Halloween fans.
You will hit the ground running in this fun, fast-paced, challenging environment where every team member is an essential component of our success and everyone’s voice is important in a culture built on respect, integrity and a community of giving back. At the heart of Spirit Halloween is Spirit of Children, a program which focuses on making hospitals less scary for kids.
CHECK OUT OUR BENEFITS!
- competitive salary
- career advancement
- 30% discount on merchandise
Assistant Manager Description:
- Assists the Store Manager in coordinating Store activities in order to achieve Store sales plan and profit.
- Provides leadership and support to the Store Associates in order to ensure that all aspects of Guest service are being provided.
- Effectively merchandises, signs and prices Store in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Trains and mentors Sales Associates using Company programs in order to achieve Company standards.
- Participates in motivating, counseling and coaching.
- Manages loss prevention techniques in order to reduce shrinkage.
- Assists Store Manager in completing all sales, personnel and inventory paperwork.
- Serves as back up to the Store Manager in the absence of the Store Manager.
We are looking for creative, high energy, fun people with strong leadership and customer service skills.
Qualified candidates will have at least 1-2 years specialty store experience and a strong visual merchandising background.