The marina office is our front desk on the water and provides the first impression for guests arriving at the Ocean Reef Club via boat. Exceptional service skills are a must for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all Marina guests and assist as appropriate.
- Take dock reservations via phone, email, and enter into computer reservation system (visual one).
- Check in and our marina member/guests with computer reservation system.
- Provide guests with information about Ocean Reef Club.
- Opening & closing of marina office.
- Direct/assist vessels entering the marina.
- Assist incoming vessels to tie up to docks.
- Provide fuel service to guests as required.
- Keep Marina clean and functional at all times (coil hoses).
- Communication with other Attendants.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks.
- Exceptional front line customer service skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Experience and comfort level with Windows based software programs.
- Experience with VHF radio’s.
- A great attitude!
Must be able to comprehend the English language in order to communicate with co-workers and fully understand job assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry up to 45 pounds
- Must be able to reach, grab and lift objects over shoulder height
- Must be able to squat and kneel down on regular basis
- Must be able to bend & twist upper body to reach up, down or side-ways on regular basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a team player and provide lateral service.
- Follow Ocean Reef Club Associate Handbook and Quality Job Standards.
- Be able to endure outside weather conditions; heat, rain, cold, and at times high winds.
- Be willing and able to work when needed, including weekends & holidays.
Attendance, Appearance and Conduct:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, associate may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the Club and report deadlines.
Proper grooming is required by all associates and is described in detail in the Associates Handbook. Associates should review this policy and make sure that at all times they present themselves for shifts looking clean, neat and professional.
As a condition of employment, all associates agree to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Club facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If you have any questions or doubts you should seek clarification from your supervisor.
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, change is workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.