Hawkins, Inc. is a trusted and well-known leader in the chemical industry for over 80 years. We have opportunities for motivated hard workers to learn and develop a career with our Water Treatment business segment. Our route sales/delivery approach to supplying products and equipment to our customers in 27+ states ensures superb customer service and support. Our customers include water and wastewater treatment systems, municipal and commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, and industries like oil/gas and agricultural farmers/growers.
Learn more about us at (NASDAQ: HWKN).
To learn more about Hawkins Water Treatment and the sales, delivery and warehouse positions, .
The Route Sales Driver (or Technical Sales Rep) position combines sales, customer service, delivery and travel throughout the assigned territory. As part of a small, efficient and flexible branch team, each team member is expected to be a strong contributor and help meet the objectives of safety, customer satisfaction and sales growth. This position works independently – but help is always just a phone call away! The work week is generally Monday through Friday with 10+ hour days and an occasional overnight route.
Many aspects of this job – from driving to chemical handling to sales – are learned through paid on-the-job training!
- Call on existing and new customers to maintain and grow business through sales efforts, problem-solving and technical support of chemical products and equipment.
- Develop productive, productive relationships with new and existing customers.
- Efficiently and safely deliver chemical and other products to customers on a company truck (usually a 26,000 pound straight/box truck).
- Provide “hands-on” service of equipment, which may include visually inspecting, repairing and adjusting chemical feed equipment.
- Contribute to the overall operations and responsibilities of the branch office, include warehouse functions like shipping, receiving, inventory, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL with Hazmat endorsement (must be at least 21 years old) with a driving record that meets company requirements
- Able to pass a DOT physical and drug screening
- Strong communication skills and follow-through
- Prior sales experience or the ability to learn
- Basic computer and math skills
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally, safely operate a forklift, climb in and out of the truck and enter customer sites repeatedly, reach overhead and perform manual tasks, and work in all weather conditions indoors and outdoors in required PPE – all while following safety standards and requirements
Benefits of working for Hawkins, an award-winning employer, include:
- Paid on-the-job training
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Generous 401(k) employer match
- Company-paid uniforms
- Cell phone stipend
- Company credit card for overnight stays
- A focus on YOUR DEVELOPMENT
All applications must be received online. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Hawkins is a Drug Free workplace.