The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the physical structure as well as grounds of the hotel in the continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that the building, equipment and grounds of the hotel are maintained and are in keeping with hotel policies and procedures.
- Manage the basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Ensure timely response to maintenance requests for services by guests, employees and management with the goal of keeping the maximum number of rooms available for occupancy.
- Immediately respond to any alarms to determine exact location and cause and report findings.
- Point out and assist in eliminating safety concerns.
- Understand and complete required paperwork.
- Maintain clean and organized work sites.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing, with employees, guests and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance and special projects which include:
- Equipment maintenance: clean, lubricate, change filters, belts, pulleys, cleaning coils, lubricating, basic troubleshooting, etc.
- Light electrical: replace bulbs, ballasts, outlets and switches
- Light Plumbing: plunge toilet, repair or troubleshoot faucets, showers, toilets, and urinals
- Painting trim, doors, walls, and caulking
- Drywall repair and texturing and light vinyl repair
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be hands-on with the daily maintenance of the hotel.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
· Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· 8th grade education or equivalent experience required.