POSITION TITLE: Laundry Attendant
Reports to: Director of Housekeeping, Assistant Director Housekeeping, Housekeeping Manager
Date Written/Revised: April 21, 2022
Written By: Anne Ward
To efficiently separate/organize, wash, dry, fold, the terry, linens, and other cleaning tools, as needed, and to unpack and organize linens and other items coming from linen processing company, weigh linen bins using loading scale, assist with counting during inventories, sweep/mop/vacuum laundry area for continued cleanliness, according to Ocean Reef Club’s Quality Job Standards.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Reports to work on time, neatly groomed, in proper uniform with nametag properly displayed.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language to understand information such as labels, instructions, road signs and member/guest requests.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules as business needs dictate.
All associates are required to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the Club’s facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Compliance with the Ocean Reef Club dress code.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, the associates in this position may be required to perform the following functions or combination thereof, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor, based upon the particular requirements of the Ocean Reef Club.
- Report suspicious persons, activities, or hazardous conditions. Provide instruction/guidance for guest and employee safety in emergency situations.
- Follow instructions, directions and meet deadlines specified by management.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Read and write the English language in order to understand and complete supply inventory, requisitions, invoice forms and records.
- Assist House Attendant when requested and other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 75lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate/interact with members/guests, associates, supervisors, and management.
- Well organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Must display creativity, loyalty, dependability and good judgment.
Education: Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School graduate preferred.
Experience: Prefer some previous housekeeping experience.
Licenses or Certificates: None required.
Grooming: Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance as stated in the Ocean Reef Club Associate Handbook.
Other: Understanding of the English language. Knowledge of second language desirable.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand my Job Description: