To assist the Chef and Sous Chef in the daily planning and production of all meals served from the kitchen.
Position Qualifications and Required Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic Knife skills
- Own and develop the knowledge of Culinary School Cook Book
- Basic knowledge of kitchen operation
- Basic kitchen equipment knowledge
- Basic understanding of the English Language
- Basic verbal, reading and writing communication skills such as describing food, reading and writing prep list, recipes, labels, instructions or reading operating manuals
- Some knowledge of Meat and Fish cooking
- Basic food product identification
- Basic understanding of American regional cooking
- Must be able to assist all fellow cook 3
- Basic understanding of kitchen cleaning chemicals
- Intrinsic desire to become a Culinarian in all aspects
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Able to work as and when required, covering and helping fellow associates
Follows the O.R.C Standards for quality, presentation and consistency
Follows the O.R.C Associate Hand Book
Help guide fellows Cook 3
Education and/or Experience:
No prior Experience required
Must be able to comprehend, read, write and speak the English language in order to communicate with co-workers and fully understand job assignments.
Some knowledge in solids and liquids measurement units
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
Must be able to work under pressure and still remain calm
Must be able to maintain physical and verbal composure during crisis times
Must be able to respond efficiently and adequately during an emergency
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
State Food Handler Certification, (to be acquired within the first year on the Job)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
· Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time with minimal walking
· Must be able to hand lift up to 20 pounds on regular basis
· Must be able to work in confined spaces on regular basis
· Must be able to reach, grab and lift objects over shoulder height
· Must be able to squat and kneel down on regular basis
· Must be able to bend & twist upper body to reach up, down or side-ways on regular basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Occasionally works in outside weather conditions
· Noise level in the work environment is usually high
· Required to operate and work with high heat cooking equipment such as and not limited to: Broilers, Salamanders, Grills, Open Gas Ranges, Steamers, Convection Ovens, Fryers, Tilting Skillets and Kettles
· Exposure to freezing temperatures for short period of times in Walk-in Refrigerators and Freezers is usually high
· Required periodically to use sharp cutting tools or objects such as and not limited to: Hand Knives, Electric Cutting Blades, Cutting Wheels or Saw, Chopping and Grounding machines
· Regularly operate heavy electric equipment such as and not limited to: Large Power Mixers, Hand held Mixers, Blenders, Slicers, Peelers, Washing Machine
· Required to produce food in a timely manner under heavy volumes and limited space
· Regularly works with diverse staff
Attendance, Appearance and Conduct:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, associate may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the Club and report deadlines.
Proper grooming is required by all associates and is described in detail in the Associates Handbook. Associates should review this policy and make sure that at all times they present themselves for shifts looking clean, neat and professional.
As a condition of employment, all associates agree to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Club facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If you have any questions or doubts you should seek clarification from your supervisor.
This Job Overview is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all requirements, responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this above position. While this job overview is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the COOK III position, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from this particular job overview when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.