The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for leading the food and beverage service staff in facilities including restaurants, Room Service, Pool Service, and any banquet events as needed. They are responsible for ensuring the highest level of service by overseeing all outlets and service staff during operating hours, while working in a clean and safe environment, and adhering to all department policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage service aspects in all food and beverage assigned areas and events.
- Manage dining room, café, pools, bar and events to ensure proper room preparation, including set-up of tables, chairs, linens, table settings, glassware, etc.
- Confirm that all service staff is in proper uniform and adheres to appearance standards.
- Manage and train staff in all technical and non-technical aspects of their role including standards of quality and service.
- Communicate with service and kitchen staff regarding reservations and/or special events.
- Conduct pre-shift, pre-meal and/or pre-event meetings with all necessary staff.
- Evaluate and supervise performance and carry out disciplinary action as needed, in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- Make rounds of all food and beverage outlets to ensure guest needs are met.
- Open and close and/or the pools on a regular basis. Responsible for ensuring areas are secured upon departure and that all lights, equipment, doors, etc. are turned off or locked.
- Maintain accurate daily and weekly punch details for service staff and process daily open check reports for each meal period.
- Maximize food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events and by training staff on “up-selling.”
- Protect staff and guests by training staff in and adhering to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and alcohol beverage control policies including confirming legal drinking age and discontinuing service to intoxicated guests.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by handing inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from members/guests and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas.
- Communicate and team well with other departments.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary duty is management and leadership, however, will be required to fill in as a Server, Host, Busser, Bartender, etc. to relieve/back-up staff during peak periods or when short staffed.
- Implement and support all initiatives and programs as requested by upper management.
- Team with other departments to ensure exemplary customer service and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Work with all other team members in a respectful and professional way to accomplish all department tasks and responsibilities.
Experience & Other Skills:
- MUST BE LOCAL TO KEY WEST or within driving distance to the resort – we do not have employee housing of any kind.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 4 years in food and beverage industry required.
- A minimum of 1 year of management or supervisory role, preferably in an F&B establishment.
- Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required.
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be of legal age to service alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and non-verbally with others.
- Ability to work with all personality types even in adverse situations.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Will be required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, climb, balance, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl without hindrance.
- Will be exposed to sunlight, heat, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Maintain a professional appearance appropriate to position and as per resort policy.
- Ability to climb on step stool or ladder in order to complete elements of the job or facilitate maintenance issues.
Full-time employees are eligible for company benefits including PTO, medical, vision, and dental insurance, and 401K with employer match.