Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
The Entertainment Host provides costumed character and musical entertainment for the Hawks Cay Experience Program. Hosts will enthusiastically facilitate all Hawks Cay Resort’s iconic activities. You are center stage, creating a fun and entertaining environment for our guests. You will also be a Recreation Attendant and perform Recreation Attendant duties.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Hosts and participates in all resort wide recreational, entertainment and social activities.
- Acts as a Resort performance specialist by performing as various resort themed costumed characters.
- Provides musical entertainment according to character descriptions.
- Acts as an emcee (master of ceremonies) to inform and entertain small and large groups of guests during special events and shows such as Hawks Cay Beach Party, Walk the Plank Pirate Extravaganza, Theme Nights etc.
- Seeks out guest contact displaying enthusiasm and boundless amounts of energy and socializes with guests in public areas and lounges throughout the Resort.
- Participates in VIP and Special Group guest events, arrival and/or departure procedures by as scheduled by the Resort Experience Director.
- Attends door greets, welcomes guests entering and exiting specified resort spaces for evening events/performances.
- Participates in the creation and coordination of activities/performances at the resort including inventory, promotion, hosting under the guidance and supervision of the Resort Experience director and Recreation Managers.
- Joins guest amenity tours as an escort, providing assistance to guests and evaluating the performance of the local tour guides.
- Responsible for maintaining a warm, friendly and courteous attitude with our customers, guests and staff at all times.
- Must be able to tolerate & work in outdoor temperatures and environment.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established and revised by HCR from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Required to work holidays, weekend, day and night shifts as needed.
- Assist with all Coral Cay and Resort Pool Duties as defined by Recreation Manager. This includes but is not limited to: opening/closing procedures, custodial duties and event set ups.
- Possess an enthusiastic attitude and approach.
- Must be able to play 2-3 hour sets on guitar or perform vocally.
- 1-2 years’ experience with theater performance with emphasis on imrov work. Community or professional
- Must be able perform outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Applicable experience as an emcee or host for weddings, hotels, resorts, cruise ships, and similar venues is preferred.
- The ability to interact effectively and make connections with people of different age groups.
- The ability to extend beyond a host into an entertainer.
- The motivation to go above and beyond for our guests.
- The ability to cross-promote activities and events.
- Natural ability to communicate with others and work in a team or independently.
- Demonstrate a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Strong improvisational skills and microphone skills.
- Be open to flexible working hours; including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to adapt to the immediate or unforeseen challenges in the industry.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Applicable theatre background/knowledge is preferred.
- Be able to execute basic office tasks. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
What are we looking for?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Since opening in 1984, Hawks Cay Resort has been seen as a leader in the hospitality industry providing Great Service, for a Great Stay. Today, Hawks Cay Resort is working to become widely recognized and admired as a world class ICONIC resort. This is made possible by the result of our Crew Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of the following Values:
Teamwork – We work together to achieve a common goal.
Respect – We care about the feelings and beliefs of others.
Integrity – We conduct our work and relationships in an honest and fair manner.
Creativity – We change what exists into something better.
Excellence – We want our resort to be iconic – set the standard.
Passion – We love what we do and it shows!
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Crew Members:
· Wow our Guest
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM HAWKS CAY RESORT?
Hawks Cay Resort is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment – you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family’s needs as well as Vacation/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness Hawks Cay Resort provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing Hawk Cay Resort as the employer of your future.
We also look to support every Crew Member in a safe work environment, Hawks Cay Resort has dedicated Leaders who will train all Crew Member on safety awareness and prevent accidents in the workplace. Ultimately, maintaining a safe environment is a team effort.
Hawks Cay Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.