The Green Pineapple Wellness Cafe is looking for Baristas/Cashiers!
The ideal person for this job will have a growth mindset and the desire to be a part of a rapidly evolving business with the flexibility to adapt with growth. An interest and knowledge in healthy living, plant-based nutrition and a wellness lifestyle is beneficial. A willingness and desire to contribute to a positive work environment and be part of a conscientious team is important to this position.
Duties and functions:
- Complete beverage as station preparation prior tot he opening and after the closing of the Wellness Cafe based on the provided guidelines.
- Prepare beverages for the customers, such as tea, specialty espresso drinks, fresh juices & smoothies.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the menu and recipes. Be able to plate menu items & assist with light food preparation when needed.
- Recommend the products to the customers based on their needs and requirements,
- Maintain and clean the cafe & service areas. Maintain cleanliness of all beverage preparation and work areas. Follow all Health Department regulations regarding food safety and alcohol handling standards
- Keep food & storage areas, refrigerators, and freezers clean and organized.
- Comply to food safety procedures,
- Handle cash and record customers’ orders information accurately,
- Resolve customer complaints efficiently and quickly,
- Work various hours based on staffing and business needs,
- Should be comfortable working small areas, with limited space and several team members around. Have a willingness to work as part of a team to produce a positive and healthy dining experience.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side-work checklist,
- Communicate effectively and courteously over the phone,
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a Cafe or a related field preferred,
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required,
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
- Able to stand during entire shift,
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner,
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests,
- Must be able to multitask,
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the Café`s standards required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the Café,
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions,
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.