Key Largo, FL – Ocean Reef Club
The Associate Manager has responsibility for assisting with the daily operation of the Lilly Pulitzer retail store. This includes sales, serving the customer, and safeguarding the assets of the store. The following specific responsibilities supplement the overall duties:
- Understand the overall concept of Lilly Pulitzer, including the lifestyle, the customer, the merchandise and the heritage.
- Assist Store Manager to achieve net sales plan.
- Maintain a high level of sales, acting as a role model in achieveing the store sales plan.
- Assist in building the skills of the team as determined by the Store Manager.
- Present and sell merchandise consistent with the brand.
- Greet each customer and provide the sales assistance appropriate to sell merchandise to the customer.
- Understand the merchandise and planned receipts well enough to know how and where to stock and present new receipts on the floor timely.
- Know the merchandise on the floor and suggest merchandise to customers as appropriate.
- Provide suggestions to management for merchandising which may improve sales.
- Build a personal client book.
- Use the EREG POS software system effectively
- Learn the EREG point-of-sale software system, and be able to troubleshoot in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager. Use the system to perform the following tasks: routine register transactions, routine inventory receivings and transfers, and opening and closing of the registers and store.
- Understand the daily staff plans to be able to implement them in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Safeguard the assets of the store.
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory. Prevent inventory shrink to the extent reasonable and appropriate. Assist in performing cycle counts, and a year-end comprehensive physical inventory.
- Be prepared to provide daily reports of sales, transactions and sales by style as requested. These are byproducts of the point of sale system.
- Operate the store consistently with the prescribed company policies and procedures for the store.
- Provide ideas to grow and improve the business. This may include ideas for merchandising, staffing, floor displays, store fixturing, advertising, promotion, hours of operation or any other ideas which may improve and grow the business.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- Understand Lilly Pulitzer and have a genuine enthusiasm and interest for the concept, the customer and the merchandise.
- Sufficient fashion credibility to sell merchandise to customers.
- The initiative and self-assurance to be able to approach and sell customers comfortably.
- A high level of dedication, commitment and initiative to operate a store dependably and with minimal supervision or direction.
- The flexibility of schedule to accommodate the hours typical of retail store employee.
- The ability and comfort level to operate with an automated point of sale system.
- The ability and drive to motivate and lead a retail staff.
- The detail orientation necessary to safeguard the assets of the store. This includes cash reconciliation and inventory management.
- Must demonstrate the potential ability to be promoted to the Store Manager position.
Lilly Pulitzer® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lilly Pulitzer® participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in .
California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.