The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting, booking and coordinating catering activity including developing & maintaining accounts, implementing catering and marketing strategies so as to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals while maintaining customer satisfaction.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS (see physical requirements section for more information)
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat catering business through various efforts including outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking etc. to maximize catering and room revenue.
- Respond to RFP’s received via direct inquiries, third party lead sites, internet/website and walk-in leads and send proposals, collateral and menus, logging all activity and following up with potential clients.
- Work with clients in order to obtain all final booking details, i.e. food & beverage, room set-up, audio visual requirements, complete rooming list and guest agenda.
- Ensure quick, efficient responses to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key catering accounts and individuals to maintain and increase our market share.
- Holds regular meetings with F&B/Banquet department to review BEOs, upcoming events and other updates as needed.
- Assist in the development and execution of the budget and marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all property offerings, food & beverage minimums, room rentals, hotel rates, strategies, discounts/promotions, meeting space layout and capacities, catering menus with pricing and any in-house events taking place.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide sales history and continuity of quality service.
- Participate in the preparation and coordinating of during and after-hour hotel events and fundraisers which includes setting up, interacting with the guests/customers, assisting in clean up and ensuring that the events are successful.
- Fill in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested by management.
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to attend to guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Exceptional communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field.
- Ability to travel to area businesses and accounts to solicit new business.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures and guidance from the DOS.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying inquiries made guests, staff and corporate officers.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and delegate daily workload.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive material with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be energetic, a self-starter, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings if required.
- Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Education & Experience:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a hotel sales position
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Sales and Event Management Systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Full-time employees are eligible for company benefits including PTO, medical, vision, and dental insurance, and 401K with employer match.
Oceans Edge Key West Resort Hotel & Marina, located in Key West, Florida on Stock Island offers 165 boat slips, beautiful resort rooms and suites, on-site restaurant and cafe, poolside bar at our 6 pools, shuttle services and much more. Check us out online at www.oceansedgekeywest.com and become part of the family today!