Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will engage and connect with our customers by providing excellent customer service. You will be an expert in product and use this expertise to educate, inform, inspire and outfit the customer. You will offer information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events, and execute operational processes effectively and efficiently. Your goal is to bring our brand to life for our customers while building brand loyalty and delivering with productivity.
What You’ll Do
- Acknowledge and assist customers; locate merchandise efficiently using various methods; answer questions quickly and accurately
- Offer style and outfit suggestions to the customer, utilizing mannequins and displays for inspiration
- Promote loyalty by educating customers about our loyalty programs
- Leverage omni channel offerings to deliver a frictionless customer experience
- Support sales floor, fitting room, check out, and back of house processes, as required
- Courteous and responsive to internal/external request
- Exchange and verifies job related information to provide support
Who You Are
- Good communicator with the ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, who is always learning, open to feedback and takes action as required
- Able to handle customer interactions and potential issues/concerns courteously and professionally
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on- the-job training
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).