- Position Type:
Instructional Middle School/Social Studies
- Date Posted:
Plantation Key School
- Date Available:
- Middle Grades Social Science (Grades 5-9)
- Elementary Education (Grades K-6)
- Social Science (Grades 6-12)
- (Retired certification)Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (Middle Grades 5-9)
- (Retired certification)History (Grades 6-12)
- Frequently accepted bachelor's degree(or higher) majors for a Florida temporary educator's certificate include:Middle Grades Social Science, Teaching Middle School Social Science, Junior High Social Science, Middle School Social Science Education, Social Science, Social Studies, American History, History, Western Civilization, World History, Geography, Economic Geography, (and other specialized areas of geography) Economics, Civics, Government, International Relations, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Educational Psychology (and other specialized areas of Psychology).
- Another option to gain eligibility for FL certification inMiddle Grades Social Science (grades 5-9)is having a bachelors degree (or higher)in any major, and passing the Florida Subject Area Exam inMiddle Grades Social Science 5&ndash9. Study materials are available for purchase with The Learning Liaisons.
- Another option is holding a valid, out-of-state, professional educator's certificate.
Plantation Key School, located in Islamorada Florida, has an opening for a middle school Social Science Teacher in the 2023-2024 school year.
Courses may include:World History and Career Planning
Base Salary range: $56,800-$92,200 (see attached for details)
IncludesFlorida Retirement Systembenefits.
Review ouremployee benefits guide(insurance rates on page 11)
Bachelors degree required. Eligibility forFlorida certificationis required.
If you would like assistance becoming FL certified, please contact our friendly Certification Specialist Ms. DeLucia at (305) 293-1400 x 53480 or Daniella.DeLucia@KeysSchools.com who will be happy to assist you.
One of these educator certification options is required to teach World History and Career Planning in field:
How to become FL certified in Middle Grades Social Science (grades 5-9)