- Position Type:
School Administration/Principal, Middle/Junior High
- Date Posted:
Horace O`Bryant School (PK-8) HOB Key West
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
- Requires a minimum of a master&rsquos degree. Educational Leadership preferred.
- Must be eligible for Florida certification in Educational Leadership from the State of Florida or a reciprocal agency. FL certification in School Principal is preferred, which may only be obtained with FL administrative experience and FL Superintendent recommendation.
- Requires a valid state driver&rsquos license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid may be required to obtain other specific certifications or complete coursework as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Three to five years of successful experience as a public school principal or assistant principal, district administrator or commensurate leadership experience is preferred.
The Monroe County School District is looking for a dynamic, highly qualified instructional leader to take the helm at one of our state of the art Pre-K-8 schools in Key West, Florida. This exciting opportunity will afford the selected applicant the opportunity to work alongside a group of our district&rsquos finest leaders.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide the leadership and management necessary at a elementary/middle school to maximize the efforts of teachers and students in an environment which is conducive to educational enhancement, growth and achievement for students. The position is responsible for directing all daily operations of the school campus, supervising and coordinating the work of all professional and classified personnel, ensuring subordinates&rsquo adherence to district policies, regulations and goals, preparing required reports, and performing other professional, administrative and supervisory work as required. The position develops and implements programs within organizational policies reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
Salary Range: PM-1 $87,300 to PM-57 $116,800