- Position Type:
School Administration/Principal, High School
- Date Posted:
Key West High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Requires a minimum of a master&rsquos degree. (Educational Leadership preferred.)
- Must be eligible for Florida certification in Educational Leadership from the State of Florida or a reciprocal agency. FL certification in School Principal is preferred, which may only be obtained with FL administrative experience and FL Superintendent recommendation.
- Requires a valid state driver&rsquos license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid may be required to obtain other specific certifications or complete coursework as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Three to five years of successful experience as a public school principal or assistant principal, district administrator or commensurate leadership experience is preferred.
NOTE: Should you be invited to interview, you will be considered for this and other principal positions.
Key West High School (KWHS) is a school of diverse opportunities with high expectations where we strive for students to be the best they can be personally, academically, athletically and socially. KWHS is full of conch pride – Perseverance Respect Integrity Dedication Excellence.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide the leadership and management necessary at a senior high school to maximize the efforts of teachers and students in an environment which is conducive to educational enhancement, growth and achievement for students. The position is responsible for directing all daily operations of the school campus, supervising and coordinating the work of all professional and classified personnel, ensuring subordinates&rsquo adherence to District policies, regulations and goals, preparing required reports, and performing other professional, administrative and supervisory work as required. The position develops and implements programs within organizational policies reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.