Opportunity: Director of Business Development
Manage existing national and local accounts, including Corporate, SMERF, Association and Tour & Travel accounts, both transient and group. Prospect for new accounts in order to meet or exceed budgeted revenue and room-nights in this market segment for assigned hotels in the region.
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Secure new accounts and manage existing accounts for designated group of hotels.
- Host familiarization trips and conduct site inspections throughout the properties.
- Meet and liaison with travel agents providing feedback and market information to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, trends on competition, and sales activity.
- Maintain all contact, account, and activity and booking information in sales system.
- Responsible for sales traces, individual and group revenues along with weekly, monthly and annual reporting.
- Conduct outside sales calls to promote assigned hotels.
- Represent hotels at trade shows as specified and attend or host hotel events as required.
- Assist the support staff with maintenance of sales files.
- Develop and manage effective business plans for assigned segment and for each hotel.
- Identify and stay abreast of industry trends to provide leadership and education regarding the Segment.
- Work closely with RDOSM and DOSM’s to effectively communicate new trends and develop strategies to increase revenue.
- Define and improve customer value proposition by assessing the competitive area as it relates to segment.
- Develop and conduct persuasive sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related industry preferred.
- Proven track record in sales and a minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience in DOSM role.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotels and client’s locations required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
The Islander Resort offers luxury accommodations on over 24 acres of an oceanfront getaway, featuring stunning views of our gorgeous native gardens and the soothing hues of the Atlantic Ocean.