As first contact for every member and guest, a positive warm welcoming presence at the podium sets the stage for each experience. To engage the members while assisting to tables and always a grateful thank you to all upon exit. Being willing to help and assist in the dining room to provide exceptional service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing dining room for service.
- Complete side work duties.
- Confirm and prepare for any reservations
- Assist service staff in order to successfully serve our members and guests.
- Help in the daily upkeep of restaurant, front and back, including light cleaning and
- Full menu knowledge to take care of takeout service.
Friendly and outgoing, with a positive attitude to provide exceptional service to all our members/guests.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma
1-3 years’ experience working in a restaurant as a supporting position.
Must be able to comprehend and speak the English language in order to communicate with co-workers and fully understand job assignments.
Ability to present a welcoming face and maintain that positive outlook in stressful conditions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, grab and lift objects over shoulder height
- Must be able to squat and kneel down on regular basis
- Must be able to bend & twist upper body to reach up, down or side-ways on regular basis
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a team player and provide lateral service.
- Follow Ocean Reef Club Associate Handbook and Quality Job Standards.
- Be able to endure outside weather conditions; heat, rain, cold, and at times high winds.
- Be willing and able to work when needed, including weekends & holidays.
Attendance, Appearance and Conduct:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, associate may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the Club and report deadlines.
Proper grooming is required by all associates and is described in detail in the Associates Handbook. Associates should review this policy and make sure that at all times they present themselves for shifts looking clean, neat and professional.
As a condition of employment, all associates agree to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Club facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If you have any questions or doubts you should seek clarification from your supervisor.
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, change is workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.